Do you love to personalize charm bracelets? While designing a personal silver charm bracelet isn’t the easiest thing to do sometimes, personalizing a charm bracelet makes the jewelry more special, especially with girls silver charm bracelets. The main look of a charm bracelet is entirely up to the customer by using all types of spacers or stoppers and designs. Of course, anyone could replicate something they may have seen on TV or in a magazine but that would take away the point of having unique, meaningful, and personalized jewelry.
About stoppers and how to pick them
A stopper is normally an uncolored little charm that separates the main pieces. Without stoppers, a sterling silver charm bracelets unique charms won’t stand out very much because they will all be jumbled up and not able to stay in place. Here are some tips about choosing stoppers to add in your silver bracelet.
- The main charms are the focus of the bracelet. It is important to keep in mind that when designing a silver charm bracelet, the stoppers are all very close to the same design if not the same. If there are too many different looking stoppers, the bracelet can be very confusing to look at because it will be hard to differentiate the stoppers from the personal charms.
- It is recommended to choose stoppers not larger than the size of the main charms and not too fancy or detailed.
- Any stoppers used on a charm bracelet should be a neutral color such as a silver, black or white because they can blend into the bracelet very nicely and still stay with the theme of the charms.
Designs and Styles
Popular designs for silver charm bracelets vary tremendously between brands. There are many designs to choose from like the following:
- Silver heart charm bracelet
- Rose charm bracelet
- Leaf charm bracelet
- Holiday themed charm bracelet
The best thing about charm bracelets besides their uniqueness is the fact that there are so many themes to choose from such as ocean and sea themes, special occasion themes, Christmas and other holiday themes. They are available in a variety of colors too. When the bracelet owner has a purely silver bracelet, it is important not to clash other bright and colored jewelry next to the silver one when trying to maintain a classy and elegant look.
Taking care of sterling silver
In its purest form, silver is soft and flexible. This means that it is most likely alloyed with more metals to keep it hard and provide the capability of creating jewelry pieces that can hold its own in manufacturing. Sterling silver actually has 7.5% copper alloyed with pure silver, which can cause this metal to tarnish a little easier than pure silver. To avoid this, proper care is needed for any silver charm bracelet and a sterling silver cleaning kit should not go overlooked. Also, to avoid a silver bracelet from tarnishing, it is recommended to do the following:
- Keep it safe in a jewelry box when you are not wearing the bracelet
- Take it off at night.
Nothing beat the originality in personalizing charm bracelets and more so when maintaining their classy look. Choose your design and personalized your silver bracelet with your chosen main charms and stoppers. Find great deals online for silver or gold charm bracelet for men and women.